Tuesday, December 28, 2004

golden years : 1998-2002

Hmm...now that i look back upon my life in the little "free" time that I have got, i realise that the 4 yrs that I spent in rec trichy were perhaps the best years of my life (till date)...
No tension about funding (mom and dad always have teh funds)...JOB: no tension..no matter how bad ur gpa, if ur in rec trichy (or any of the top engg. colleges for that matte),,u will surely land a job...
the friends i have made at college have shaped teh way i look at life (and perhaps i have shaped teh way they look at life)...its bound to happen..for 4 full years, u dine, study , party and chat with the same set of friends...

I am convinced that hostel life is a must to turn a boy into a man...Contrary to what mummy and daddy say that std. 11th and 12th are the most important in your life, I believe that the 3/4 yrs one spends in hostel for an undergrad degree r the formative years. Life begins at 18..period...there is no second doubt about it..learnign to wash ur own clothes (or giving it to cheapest dhobi), managing ur expenses (somethign I havent yet been able to perfect !!), falling in love every sem and then realisign the next sem. that its just a temporary infatuation.....
gettign ragged and ragging the juniors,
Most importantly, college life has taught me (and I am hoping its likewise for all of u) to hope for the best. To beat the adversity simply by hoping that there is something positive in store for u..Also, college life has taught me the true meaning of friendship..I am sure that no matter where we are, where we will be heading, we still care about our friends. In the process of rushing to meet our material gains, we rarely stay in touch with our friends..the very friends without whom we wouldnt go and have dinner, and then tea at gate..the very friends without whome we wud have difficulty passing the subjects...

Now that i have had free time , i look back on what i have done for the past 2 yrs... maybe i did achieve significant things in my career but on the personal side , i havent made a very conscious effort to keep in tuch with my friends..yes i do mail them once in a while...read their mails on the group ...but thats all....

I am not saying that things will change in the near future.i am pretty sure that the level of communication at best will remain same if not worsten..
But to all my friends (every1 ,highschool, college, tcs,utah) this is my message..
I mite not mail u people regularly, mite not be so expressive about my care for u guys,.,.but over a period of time (say a month or so) i do think of every1 of u coz all of u, in one way or the other, have influenced my thought process, my actions, my mannerisms...

gee gosh,,,i am getting senDi again...i will stop here for the moment..and return to my ongoing efforts to achieve material gains ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi jungo

it has been a long time since i had some chat with u da...

no second thots about the golden years mate...i would endorse ur thots all my life...actually thinking if i could write a book(ha ha if i could ! )
how r u? hope atleast in Utah u r doing better with DSP without palani looking over ur shoulders :)

take care and be in touch
jaycee
ec19818

dharmabum said...

so, the hostel life is supposed to turn boys into men, eh?
and what does it do with jungos, dude? gee hee