Wednesday, June 08, 2005

night blues

Dear all ( the lucky few who manage to read this post),

Well, life has been kind of hectic over the spring semster ..but now thta spring is over and summer is here, life should have been better (read warmer !!) but no!! i am IN salt lake city..home to one of the best snowboarding resorts in the world..true to the tradition of SLC (Abbrev for salt lake city), it snowed and rained today morning...Well today is june 8th 2005!!!!!!!. I am sure i can count on fingers the number of places in northern hemisphere where it snows in June.

Maybe I am overreacting but I cannot help it. While moving to this new apt in May, i left all my winter clothing and raincoats in storage in my old apt (i plan to move back to the old apt. in fall)...To add to my frustration, it only rains when i am abolut to leave for work. Once i am totally drenched and have settled in my office, it is bright and sunny outside. Its happened for 3 working days in a row !!! Someone, justs wants to see me wet; ))

Okie enough of the stupid pj's, news on my side is that i am interning as an investment banking analyst. This is somethign i really wanted to try out. As in, its not like i dont enjoy s/w or consultancy, but sometime we need to experiment to try out interesting options...and what better way to do it than during an internship between your mba..

so far so good, i am thoroughly enjoying it. its a boutique IB in SLC and I learn a lot.

Its around 1.30 am local time nd if ur wondering y i am still wake instead of crashing, the answer is simple. I crashed on my bed at 8pm and got up at 1am..gee gosh, i am sure most of u realize this. Once ur sleeping schedule is screwed, it takes atleast anotehr 2 days to get it back on track...

One of my dear friends from college, anshu is in US. For those who dont know him, he is a big fat round pig whose waist size is only 42" and weighs only 120 kilos..but u know, he is hooked and i am still single. Not that I am tom-cruise lookalike but still...it took me eons to digest this fact and now last night when i called him up to wish him happy birthday, he cooly tells me that he is getting married..

gee gosh,... wish like calling up my mom and dad and telling them to start looking. i am a firm believer in the institution called arranged marriage. Not that i appreciate it but for the simple reason thta if arranged marriage do not exist, then i shall remain single for the rest of my freaking life..

but neways, anshu is a genuinely sweet guy and i am happy for him.. well, thingy is that maybe i desperately need a girl friend...i mean i am sitting up at 1.30 am penning this blog instead of coochycooing over the phone with my girlfriend...but all said and done, i think my heart cannot take it anymore...it has had its due of crushes and it just refuses to add any more to its list....for the uninitiated, my list is loooong....

well, for a change i havent seen jain's face in the past 24 hrs. Jain is a really good friend of mine. I keep on iritating the shit out of him but he enjoys it...

the series 7 book is sitting right next to me on my bed. I want to start studyign but somehow the enthusiasm is missing. maybe i should just crash again and start studying
from tomorrow.

to continue with my last post, i think my connection with my old friends has turned from bad to worse. something like eating indian food at home to having a cheap buffet at some indian restaurant in downtown...which reminds me that i have to buy grocery tomorrow. the indian restaurants in downtown are cheap but in case you are blind and the different curries have no vegetables (or meat), there is absolutely no way that u can differentiate a "paneer tikka masala" from "palak paneer"...

which makes me believe that i can do a better job at cooking than those "cooks" in indina restaurants. Now its a totally different thingy altogether that inspite of my best efforts, i have never justified my beliefs...

Well, i didnt intend to stop here but i am feeling tired.. i need to sleep...

more tomorrow or whenever i am in the mood...

Anil

1 comment:

Anuj said...

I think I am the first lucky one to read this post :)
Hope u r doing grt.. so u abt to finish ur MBA.. grt.. Mus thave been a grt ride!!